5 Tips to Maximize Portable Loading Dock Ramp Safety | Portable Warehouse Ramp
The Copperloy by JH Industries team serves its client businesses with top quality material handling equipment. From portable warehouse ramp customizations to durable dock plates, Copperloy by JH Industries can streamline operations in just about any facility. Copperloy by JH Industries boosts its visibility, strengthens its brand, and grows its business through a custom set of digital marketing strategies.
The Fishbowl team is proud to stand behind Copperloy’s dedication to the efficiency and safety of its client businesses. Similarly, Fishbowl commits to reflecting clients’ visions through the latest in digital marketing strategies. For example, our clients can rise up through the Google results with exclusive search engine optimization (SEO) services, transform their images through website design plans, and connect with their clients through social media marketing (SMM) campaigns.
Warehouse Ramp Safety is Copperloy’s Top Priority
OSHA Guidelines for Forklift Use on Yard Ramps and Warehouse Ramps
OSHA’s guidelines for forklift ramp safety are related to speed and maintaining a slow, controlled ascent or descent on the warehouse ramp. Specific requirements include:
- 29 CFR 1926.451(e)(5)(ii)– “No ramp or walkway shall be inclined more than a slope of one vertical to three horizontal (20 degrees above the horizontal).”
- 29 CFR 1910.178(n)(7)– “Grades shall be ascended or descended slowly.”
- 29 CFR 1910.178(m)(6)– “A safe distance shall be maintained from the edge of ramps…”
The design of the warehouse ramps from Copperloy helps meet these requirements, keeping operators safe.
The number of forklift fatalities by industry and type of accident:
|Fatal Accident Type||%||Where fatalities occur||%|
|Crushed by vehicle tipping over||42%||Mining||1.2|
|Crushed between vehicle and a surface||25%||Construction||23.8|
|Crushed between two vehicles||11%||Manufacturing||42.5|
|Struck or run over by a forklift||10%||Transportation||11.0|
|Struck by falling material||8%||Wholesale trades||12.5|
|Fall from platform on the forks||4%||Retail trade||9.0|
Choosing Dock Ramps That Comply With OSHA Requirements
Whether you need a yard ramp that can provide access to trucks in the shipping yard, or auxiliary mobile ramp for your loading dock, OSHA-compliance begins with picking the right heavy-duty, safest ramp for the job.
In light of the number of accidents on forklifts, OSHA estimates 85 fatal forklift accidents per year; 34,900 forklift accidents result in serious injury; and 61,800 are classified as non-serious. Copperloy takes ramp safety seriously in all the features of their yard ramp safety features. This data is supported by the Industrial Truck Association, who estimates there are about 855,900 forklifts in the U.S. Therefore, over 11% of all forklifts will be involved in some type of accident each year.
Contact Copperloy to learn more about ramp safety and alignment with OSHA guidelines.
Warehouse Ramp Rentals Safety Tips
While using your truck ramp rental, Copperloy is a resource you can count on. With a goal to provide all the skills and tools for success while using their dock equipment. Find quick tips below!
- Know Equipment Capabilities
- Secure with Wheel Chocks
- Unload on a Level Surface
- Secure Ramp Connection
- Transport at Safe Speeds
- Maintain and Inspect Ramp Conditions
5 Tips to Maximize Loading Dock Safety Portable Warehouse Ramp | Portable Loading Dock Ramp
The routine of a job can push safety to the back of your mind. However, it is critical to be mindful of the safety basics in all you do. Some portable warehouse ramp, yard ramp and portable loading dock safety tips include
- Install Red and Green Communication Lights.
- This allows for safe and timely forklift entry and exit.
- Unexpected forklift movement is a major cause of injury on loading docks.
- Maintain Safe Speeds on Site at All Times.
- Allow yourself time to react to unexpected situations.
- Put safety ahead of productivity.
- Have Someone Spot You.
- A guide can help you determine lift height and avoid obstructions.
- Be Mindful of Rain and Snow.
- Any precipitation can be a fall risk. Keep ramps and floors completely dry.
- Maintain proper caution signage to avoid injuries.
- Always Keep the Loading Dock and All Material Handling Areas Clean.
- Any debris is a fall risk.
- Sweep and clean consistently and thoroughly.
About Copperloy by JH Industries | Portable Warehouse Ramp | Portable Loading Dock Ramp
For more than five decades, Copperloy by JH Industries has provided top quality material handling equipment and yard ramps to companies across industries. The Twinsburg, Ohio facility serves as a hub for premier engineering, design, and manufacturing. In fact, the headquarters houses the latest in both robotic and computer numerical control (CNC) technology. To list, just some of the loading dock equipment from Copperloy by JH Industries includes
- Lift Tables
- Edge of Dock Levelers
- Trailer Jacks
- Wheel Chocks
- Dock Boards
- Dock Plates
- Van Ramps
- Yard Ramps
- Portable Warehouse Ramp
- Portable Loading Dock Ramp
- Walk Boards
Visit the Copperloy website today to learn more.