Benefits And Features of Copperloy’s Loading Ramp Rentals
Cooperloy loading ramp rentals features that set them apart from competitors production:
- 8-Foot Level Off- Allowing equipment easy access onto trucks, loading docks, and platforms. Especially helpful for mobile ramps, ensure a stable workspace.
- Hydraulic Pump Location- A single-acting hydraulic hand pump design needs half the effort to raise the yard ramps. The pump is protected from dirt, debris, damage. Plus, the handle is stored out of the way when not in use.
- Low-End Plate and Safety Curb- The end plate is shorter than the wheelbase of most forklifts. As a result, front drive wheels can reach high-traction grating, while rear wheels remain ground level. Also, a beveled underside is standard on the plate, providing smooth ground-level entry.
- Solid/Pneumatic Tires- Remove maintenance with 18-inch, solid pneumatic tires. Standard on all Copperloy mobile yard ramps, the tires do not require air to fill and have lubricated-for-life bearings.
- 15-INCH LIP- Designed to firmly rest on the truck carrier body, dock floor or platform, this keeps the ramp from pulling away. Eight-foot-long safety chains are included on mobile ramps, too.
- One-Cylinder Ramp Design- uses less pressure than two-cylinder loading dock ramps. Thus assisting in increasing raising speeds as well as overall stability.
If you’re in need of loading ramp rentals and yard ramps rentals, Copperloy has the products to fit your unique specifications.
Benefits of Copperloy loading ramp rentals:
- Factory certified and guaranteed
- Rentals available anywhere in the United States
- Performance of the industry-leading ramp
- Enhancing efficiency and versatility
- Ensures employee safety
- Notable productivity increase
- Easily withstanding industrial and warehouse settings
- Unparalleled quality
- Allowing users to test out ramp before fully investing
For an array of available ramp sizes, specifications, and weight capacities, contact the Copperloy team. They will assist you in finding the perfect model for your facility and application.
Ramp Safety is Copperloy’s Top Priority
OSHA Guidelines for Forklift Use Yard Ramps and Warehouse Loading Dock Ramps
OSHA’s guidelines for forklift ramp safety are related to speed and maintaining a slow, controlled ascent or descent on the ramp. Specific requirements include:
- 29 CFR 1926.451(e)(5)(ii)– “No ramp or walkway shall be inclined more than a slope of one vertical to three horizontal (20 degrees above the horizontal).”
- 29 CFR 1910.178(n)(7)– “Grades shall be ascended or descended slowly.”
- 29 CFR 1910.178(m)(6)– “A safe distance shall be maintained from the edge of ramps…”
The design of the forklift ramps from Copperloy helps meet these requirements, keeping forklift operators safe.
The number of forklift fatalities by industry and type of accident:
|Fatal Accident Type||%||Where fatalities occur||%|
|Crushed by vehicle tipping over||42%||Mining||1.2|
|Crushed between vehicle and a surface||25%||Construction||23.8|
|Crushed between two vehicles||11%||Manufacturing||42.5|
|Struck or run over by a forklift||10%||Transportation||11.0|
|Struck by falling material||8%||Wholesale trades||12.5|
|Fall from platform on the forks||4%||Retail trade||9.0|
Choosing Dock Ramps That Comply With OSHA Requirements
Whether you need a yard ramp that can provide access to trucks in the shipping yard, or auxiliary mobile ramp for your loading dock, OSHA-compliance begins with picking the right heavy-duty, safest ramp for the job.
In light of the number of accidents on forklifts, OSHA estimates 85 fatal forklift accidents per year; 34,900 forklift accidents result in serious injury; and 61,800 are classified as non-serious. Copperloy takes ramp safety seriously in all the features of their yard ramp safety features. This data is supported by the Industrial Truck Association, who estimates there are about 855,900 forklifts in the U.S. Therefore, over 11% of all forklifts will be involved in some type of accident each year.
Contact Copperloy to learn more about ramp safety and alignment with OSHA guidelines.
Truck Ramp Rentals Safety Tips
While using your truck ramp rental, Copperloy is a resource you can count on. With a goal to provide all the skills and tools for success while using their dock equipment. Find quick tips below!
Know Equipment Capabilities
Made in the USA, Copperloy ramps are engineered for industrial use. Though built with the high-strength metals, everything has limits. Be sure not to exceed maximum load capacity.
Secure with Wheel Chocks
Standard ramp features mixed with dock equipment accessories are the recipe for loading task success. Copperloy accessories include aluminum wheel chocks which prevent dangerous movement during loading. Snug, maximum holding protects against involuntary movements from jolts and shifting.
Unload on a Level Surface
The ground below the ramp should be solid. Ideally, unload on concrete or pavement.
Secure Ramp Connection
The lip of the ramp should be securely resting on the dock or truck. Additionally, connect safety chains when needed.
Transport at Safe Speeds
Operators should not exceed 5mph when using the towbar. Also, it is not intended for long-distance towing. Additionally, the positioning sleeve is meant to adjust and reposition the ramp, not for towing.
Maintain and Inspect Ramp Conditions
Before use, check for signs of rust or damage. For ramps that use hydraulic height adjustment, check hydraulic fluid levels. Then, check the loading dock. It is also important to regularly inspect for cracks, damage and more. Visit the Copperloy website to learn more.