Big Steel Ramps | Copperloy | Made in the USA
If searching for Big Steel Ramps that are made in the USA Copperloy is your answer. With a multitude of features and made of high-strength steel why would you keep searching elsewhere? Copperloy has been manufacturing yard ramps for 50 plus years and they design them with safety in mind.
Big Steel Ramp features:
- one cylinder ramp design uses less pressure to lift ramp
- A seven-inch curb to prevent accidental runoff
- High strength serrated steel deck grating for an all-weather, high traction running surface
- A 15-inch lip to secure the ramp rigidly in place
- 8-foot level off easily access trucks, loading docks, and platforms
- One cylinder ramp design uses less pressure to lift ramp
- Beveled low-end plate for a smoother transfer
- Centrally located cylinder for a decreased chance of tipping
- Made from A572-50 high strength steel with 50,000-pound minimum
- Capacities range from 16,000 to 60,000 pounds with widths of either 70 or 84 inches
- Hand pump conveniently located on outside of the frame
- And all of Copperloy’s yard ramps come with safety chains included for extra security
With all these added features it’s easy to see why Copperloy is one of the top manufacturers for big steel ramps. In addition, these features allow for an easier operation giving a faster raise time and ensuring greater stability while having less wear and tear.
Big Ramp Safety is Copperloy’s Top Priority
OSHA Guidelines for Forklift Use Yard Ramps and Warehouse Loading Dock Ramps
OSHA’s guidelines for forklift ramp safety are related to speed and maintaining a slow, controlled ascent or descent on the ramp. Specific requirements include:
- 29 CFR 1926.451(e)(5)(ii)– “No ramp or walkway shall be inclined more than a slope of one vertical to three horizontal (20 degrees above the horizontal).”
- 29 CFR 1910.178(n)(7)– “Grades shall be ascended or descended slowly.”
- 29 CFR 1910.178(m)(6)– “A safe distance shall be maintained from the edge of ramps…”
The design of the forklift ramps from Copperloy helps meet these requirements, keeping forklift operators safe.
The number of forklift fatalities by industry and type of accident:
|Fatal Accident Type||%||Where fatalities occur||%|
|Crushed by vehicle tipping over||42%||Mining||1.2|
|Crushed between vehicle and a surface||25%||Construction||23.8|
|Crushed between two vehicles||11%||Manufacturing||42.5|
|Struck or run over by a forklift||10%||Transportation||11.0|
|Struck by falling material||8%||Wholesale trades||12.5|
|Fall from platform on the forks||4%||Retail trade||9.0|
Choosing Dock Ramps That Comply With OSHA Requirements
Whether you need a yard ramp that can provide access to trucks in the shipping yard, or auxiliary mobile ramp for your loading dock, OSHA-compliance begins with picking the right heavy-duty, safest ramp for the job.
In light of the number of accidents on forklifts, OSHA estimates 85 fatal forklift accidents per year; 34,900 forklift accidents result in serious injury; and 61,800 are classified as non-serious. Copperloy takes ramp safety seriously in all the features of their yard ramp guy. This data is supported by the Industrial Truck Association, who estimates there are about 855,900 forklifts in the U.S. Therefore, over 11% of all forklifts will be involved in some type of accident each year.
Contact Copperloy to learn more about ramp safety and alignment with OSHA guidelines.